Saturday, June 19, 2010

My First Bat Mitzvah

Hello, it's me again. This morning I woke up late as usual. But I mean, who can blame me, it's summer after all! My mom had to come upstairs and wake me up, which means tickling my stomach until I open my eyes and sit up. The reason for me having to wake up (if it was a usual morning I would have still been asleep), was that I was attending my first Bat Mitzvah. Yesterday I bought her a "swatch" which is the name for a kind of watch. I chose pink because, well, most girls like pink, and a few boys like it too, I'm not saying it's a girls color...
Once at the building where the Bat Mitzvah was being held I sat in a pew with some of my friends who were also invited. Most of the service was in Hebrew so I couldn't really understand all of it, but it was nice to learn about another religion.
After the service, we were invited the a luncheon and they had salad and lasagna, and this really delicious brownie/whipped cream/chocolate/ice cream desert thingy that was really good. Yum!
By the way in case you're not familiar with what a Bat Mitzvah really is, it is a service held for a Jewish girl when they turn 12. It is basically a coming of age celebration in the Jewish religion. Sometimes they have a party for the girl after the service or the next day. I'm going to Crowsey Springs tomorrow to swim, (and let me tell you they have an awesome rope swing, but sometimes the rock can get really slippery because there is moss, so sometimes people slip and hurt themselves, but other then that downside it's really fun) and I am SUPER excited. Sorry to Chiara Alvisi that she can't attend but she is currently in Beijing, China. :)

1 comment: