Saturday, June 19, 2010
The Joys of Summer
What do you love most about summer? I love going to the pool, hanging out with friends, getting a snow cone at Snow Beach (it's delicious!), and going on family vacations. Usually I get to do most of these things. But I also get to read classics with my mom, brother and sister such as"Oliver Twist" and "Crime and Punishment". And what about doing math pages to get ready for algebra next year, or studying Spanish on Rosetta Stone? These are also things I have to do over the summer. But I'm forgetting the homework! Since I go to a magnet middle school I have reading assignments over the summer. This years reading assignment is to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" and write three pages or something about it. Knowing me, I haven't even started yet, and probably won't until late July. In fact, I haven't even bought the book! (Although now that I think about it we probably have it...). Anyway I am still waiting for the fun stuff in summer a.k.a. "the joys of summer". So far my summer really hasn't lived up to my expectations, but hopefully in the near future it will. And if that happens I may not even mind reading a chapter of Crime and Punishment, and completing a couple of math pages every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aaww. its ok eliza!! i hope ur summer will get better!!
ReplyDelete